Excerpt taken from the Waushara Argus June 27, 1968.
The Town of Leon Library was a project suggested a a 4-H Club Meeting on October 2, 1959. Mrs. Edwin Jewell was the leader of the club and Darlene Taylor, a club member, chose the library as her project. Books were donated by local residents and shelves were built in the town hall and the library was officially opened in June of 1960.
A county library planning board was formed on April 2, 1961, with Mrs. Orville Booth as representative of the Pine River Library. This county library board worked with the Wisconsin Free Library Service of Madison for a period of two years and the outgrowth of these meetings was the formation of the Waushara-Green Lake County Cooperative Library Project, with a control center in the Berlin Public Library. The local library became known as the Leon-Saxeville Township Library. This year's officers are Mrs. Edgar Frater, President; Mrs. La Verne Brooks, treasurer; Mrs. Alfred F.C. Schmidt, secretary; with the other members of the board being Mrs. Prosper Broadwell and Dr. R.O. Ebert. The librarians are volunteer.